Dear Presidents and Secretaries of AFSUMB-affiliated Societies:
The Japan Society of Ultrasonics in Medicine invites candidates to apply for the JSUM Fellowship for the year 2021, as explained in the enclosed Guidelines for the JSUM Fellowship. The Guidelines are also available at the JSUM web site: http://www.jsum.or.jp/english/index.html
The period of research or training in Japan will be from April 2021 through March 2022.
Individual members of each affiliated society of AFSUMB are requested to submit applications to JSUM no later than June 1, 2020. Applications should be accompanied by
(1) a completed Application Form,
(2) a photocopy of passport showing photograph and identification information,
(3) a written pledge from the candidate,
(4) evidence of being a member of each affiliated society of AFSUMB (or verification/recommendation letter from secretary/ President of each AFSUMB affiliated society),
(5) recommendation letter from the superadviser of same institution,
(6) certificate of TOEFL/TOEIC score, and
(7) a Letter of Provisional Acceptance by a Japanese supervisor stating that the applicant will be accepted by the supervisor’s institution if a fellowship is offered.
Each applicant need to choose a Japanese supervisor on your own preference on the JSUM web site: http://www.jsum.or.jp/english/index.html
Applicants must be 40 years of age or under as of April 1st of 2021.
We decided to request a letter of recommendation by the President of the affiliated society of AFSUMB in the country of the trainee to the application documents. So, please do not forget to enclose it in the application documents.
In addition, in order to know the motive of the applicatnt and ability of English of the trainee, we ask him/her to talk with the supervisor directly by telephone or skype before the decision of the acceptance is made.
The number of candidates from each society is not limited.
Please note that applications arriving after the deadline cannot be accepted.
We will mail the names of selected Fellowship recipients to the secretary of each society by the end of December 2020.
For inquiries or more detailed information, please contact Dr. Masatoshi Kudo, Chief of the International Exchange Committee, JSUM, at the above address.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Masatoshi Kudo, MD, PhD
President of JSUM